Name – Jeera
Biological Name – Cuminum cyminum
Family – Umbelifers
Cumin is the second most popular spice in the world.First is black pepper. Today’s it is used in almost all different types of foods around the world.
Cumin was a most popular spice in old Egypt.Cumin plant is medicinal plant and it is very popular in Indian herbal medicine.
Ayurveda is a traditional medicinal system,in ayurvedic medicines also uses cumin seeds.
Cumin has so many medical benefits.
– It is used for diseases of the digestive tract
– It is used for treating coughs and chest colds.
– Jeera juice has also been used as a painkiller, particularly to relieve from acute stomach pains.
– Boosting immune system.
– Fighting anemia.
– Ayurvedic doctors recommend drinking coriander, cumin and fennel tea to clear acne.
– It helps to prevent cancer.
– Improving concentration
– Treatment of boils.
– It helps in purifying the blood.